OpenGL Design Documents
s***@gmail.com
2013-12-05 15:08:14 UTC
Hi,

Considering that OpenGL needs to be implemented by a GPU, and
considering that OpenGL is majorly open, have the designers of
OpenGL exposed the Design Documents of OpenGL to the public?

Are the documentation on OpenGL Pipeline & OpenGL State meant
as useful help in that direction?

Is there a modern day source forge like project to aid GPU designers
targetting OpenGL ?

Sincerely,
Seima Rao.

p.s. Personally, I have had very intermittent exp with OpenGL, hence the
questions.
Andy V
2013-12-07 00:10:24 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Considering that OpenGL needs to be implemented by a GPU, and
considering that OpenGL is majorly open, have the designers of
OpenGL exposed the Design Documents of OpenGL to the public?
What do you mean by the "Design Documents"?

The OpenGL specifications are open, but the design of a hardware implementation is decidedly not -- this is generally a trade secret held closely by the hardware company.
Andy V
s***@gmail.com
2013-12-07 05:22:05 UTC
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:08:14 AM UTC-5,
Post by s***@gmail.com
Considering that OpenGL needs to be implemented by a GPU, and
considering that OpenGL is majorly open, have the designers of
OpenGL exposed the Design Documents of OpenGL to the public?
What do you mean by the "Design Documents"? The OpenGL
specifications are open, but the design of a hardware
implementation is decidedly not -- this is generally
a trade secret held closely by the hardware company.
-- Andy V
What I mean was what sort of resources help do OpenGL body and
advocates offer to GPU designers ? I am basically wanting
to dabble in GPU designing, and I find OpenGL very good.

So, I am seeking some help towards making my task easier.

Sincerely,
Seima Rao.
Emanuel Berg
2013-12-07 13:47:30 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
What I mean was what sort of resources help do OpenGL
body and advocates offer to GPU designers ? I am
basically wanting to dabble in GPU designing
How do you dabble in that? Are you constructing a
hardware GPU or are we talking some kind of simulator?
--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
s***@gmail.com
2013-12-07 13:58:49 UTC
On Saturday, December 7, 2013 7:17:30 PM UTC+5:30,
Post by Emanuel Berg
of resources help do OpenGL > body and advocates offer
to GPU designers ? I am > basically wanting to dabble
in GPU designing
How do you dabble in that?
Are you constructing a hardware GPU or are we
talking some kind of simulator? -- Emanuel Berg,
Pen(i.e. Keyboard) & Paper(computer documents).

:-)

Sincerely,
Seima Rao.