WndProc stops being called outside of debugger.
VelociChicken
2014-03-01 11:58:36 UTC
Hello, when my application (Windows 7) is run inside the debugger
everything is fine. But when it's executed on it's own a blue waiting
cursor appears where the mouse is then it states there's no response
from my program.
I'm using a full screen OpenGL window.
Before I goany further indetail, does anyone recognise thisand can solve
itfor me?
Thanks,
VelociChicken
2014-03-01 13:30:36 UTC
Post by VelociChicken
Hello, when my application (Windows 7) is run inside the debugger
everything is fine. But when it's executed on it's own a blue waiting
cursor appears where the mouse is then it states there's no response
from my program.
I'm using a full screen OpenGL window.
Before I goany further indetail, does anyone recognise thisand can
solve itfor me?
Thanks,
Why did it format my text with missing spaces?
Anyhow I 'fixed' it by calling this in my render loop every 2 seconds or
so:-

GetMessage(&Msg, NULL, 0, 0);
TranslateMessage(&Msg);
DispatchMessage(&Msg);

Is that OK?
Thanks.
Jean-Christophe
2014-03-01 15:47:47 UTC
"VelociChicken"
Post by VelociChicken
Post by VelociChicken
Hello, when my application (Windows 7) is run inside the debugger
everything is fine. But when it's executed on it's own a blue waiting
cursor appears where the mouse is then it states there's no response
from my program.
I'm using a full screen OpenGL window.
Before I goany further indetail, does anyone recognise thisand can
solve itfor me?
Thanks,
Why did it format my text with missing spaces?
Anyhow I 'fixed' it by calling this in my render loop every 2 seconds or
so:-
GetMessage(&Msg, NULL, 0, 0);
TranslateMessage(&Msg);
DispatchMessage(&Msg);
Is that OK?
No it's not : even if it 'works', it's clumsy-loosy.
The standard message loop
while( GetMessage(&msg,0,0,0) )
{ TranslateMessage(&msg);
DispatchMessage(&msg);
}
shall be OK in 'release' mode.

Did you checked occurences of any
#ifdef _DEBUG
or
#ifndef _DEBUG
in your source code ?

- BTW, this is not OpenGL related, you may find
some help by posting to a more appropriate NG.
VelociChicken
2014-03-01 17:12:44 UTC
Post by Jean-Christophe
"VelociChicken"
Post by VelociChicken
Post by VelociChicken
[...]
OK thanks for replying, my OpenGL renderer is running at 500 fps at the
moment, and doing this GetMessage every frame makes the computer stall
quite a lot in the rendering loop, but I will loop the GetMessage to
make sure they are all gathered. Thanks again.