glUniform1f
bob smith
2013-01-30 18:00:33 UTC
Is there anything more high-precision than glUniform1f?

It takes a float, and I believe I'm seeing rounding issues.

It might be nice if there was a version that accepted a double.
Nobody
2013-01-31 01:47:36 UTC
Post by bob smith
Is there anything more high-precision than glUniform1f?
It takes a float, and I believe I'm seeing rounding issues.
It might be nice if there was a version that accepted a double.
Double-precision shader variables and uniforms are available in the
ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 extension, which was promoted to core in OpenGL 4.0.

http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/gpu_shader_fp64.txt

Double-precision vertex attributes are available in the
ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit extension, which was promoted to core in OpenGL
4.1.

http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/vertex_attrib_64bit.txt