vc++ 3D Plotting
domenico
2006-10-12 09:10:37 UTC
Hello there,

I'm looking for a Graphic-library to make 3D-Surface plots. I googled a
lot but i didn't find something that met my claim. So i thougth i tried
it here.

i tried matpack, plplot but I couldn't make it work on vc++ 6.0/MFC

greets
domenico
Mohamed Heshmat
u can find it in Internet, but it not free and it is not cheep
Wolfgang Draxinger
2006-10-12 15:12:18 UTC
Post by domenico
i tried matpack, plplot but I couldn't make it work on vc++
6.0/MFC
You might want to try out QwtPlot3D, which provides 3D plotting
widgets for the Qt toolkit. I strongly suggest you, not to use
MFC. It's an old library, no longer supported by Microsoft. Qt
is avaliable under the terms of GPL (may be used in closed
source projects with a commercial licence), and a much nicer
designed library.

http://qwtplot3d.sourceforge.net/

Wolfgang Draxinger
--
E-Mail address works, Jabber: ***@jabber.org, ICQ: 134682867
GPG key FP: 2FC8 319E C7D7 1ADC 0408 65C6 05F5 A645 1FD3 BD3E
MrAsm
2006-10-16 14:52:51 UTC
On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:12:18 +0200, Wolfgang Draxinger
Post by Wolfgang Draxinger
You might want to try out QwtPlot3D, which provides 3D plotting
widgets for the Qt toolkit.
This control seems very good.
Post by Wolfgang Draxinger
I strongly suggest you, not to use
MFC. It's an old library, no longer supported by Microsoft.
This is not correct.
MFC *is* supported by Microsoft.
And MFC is way better to code for Windows than QT stuff (QT could be a
good choice for Linux, but not the best choice IMHO).

There are web sites full of MFC cool stuff, like CodeProject:

http://www.codeproject.com

You might want to try this ActiveX control for 3D plotting:

http://www.codeproject.com/opengl/ntgraph3d_atl.asp

Being an ActiveX control, you can use it both from Visual C++ MFC and
from Visual Basic (and also from C#, I think, using some COM interop).

news://microsoft.public.vc.mfc is a Microsoft newsgroup for MFC.

MrAsm
Wolfgang Draxinger
2006-10-16 18:18:58 UTC
Post by Wolfgang Draxinger
I strongly suggest you, not to use
MFC. It's an old library, no longer supported by Microsoft.
This is not correct.
MFC *is* supported by Microsoft.
No, Microsoft strongly discourages further use of MFC in new
projects.
Post by MrAsm
And MFC is way better to code for Windows than QT stuff (QT
could be a good choice for Linux, but not the best choice
IMHO).
You know, that all recent Adobe products use Qt, as does Google
Earth and a lot of other Windows software. Qt was strictly
designed to be an OS independent framework.
Post by MrAsm
http://www.codeproject.com
And there are a lot of sites didicated to Qt.
Post by MrAsm
http://www.codeproject.com/opengl/ntgraph3d_atl.asp
Being an ActiveX control, you can use it both from Visual C++
MFC and from Visual Basic (and also from C#, I think, using
some COM interop).
Being an ActiveX control I can't use it on other plattforms like
Windows, and there are many. Linux, *BSD, Solaris, MacOS X,
BeOS, SkyOS, SyllableOS. Well Qt only supports a few of those,
too but it can be ported.

Wolfgang Draxinger
MrAsm
2006-10-17 11:01:14 UTC
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:18:58 +0200, Wolfgang Draxinger
Post by Wolfgang Draxinger
No, Microsoft strongly discourages further use of MFC in new
projects.
May you post an URL referring to any document where Microsoft
officially says this?
Post by Wolfgang Draxinger
Being an ActiveX control I can't use it on other plattforms like
Windows, and there are many. Linux, *BSD, Solaris, MacOS X,
BeOS, SkyOS, SyllableOS. Well Qt only supports a few of those,
too but it can be ported.
The OP spoke about VC6.0/MFC.
Sure: MFC and ActiveX (and other Windows-specific technologies) are a
bad choice if one is interested in portability.

For portability, maybe Microsoft C# and .NET framework technologies
could be a good choice; another option could be C/C++ with GTK+, which
is free (while it seems to me that Qt is not free, at least it's not
free for commercial projects).

MrAsm
Uwe Kotyczka
2006-10-16 09:00:28 UTC
Post by domenico
I'm looking for a Graphic-library to make 3D-Surface plots. I googled a
lot but i didn't find something that met my claim. So i thougth i tried
it here.
You might want to take a look at my demo
http://www.8ung.at/kotyczka/opengl_en.html

HTH

Oops, right now my web hoster's server seems to be down,
so be a little patient an try it later. For now I uploaded the
source code to Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.de/files/36936371/OpenGLSample.zip.html
u***@web.de
2016-12-13 18:53:34 UTC
Post by Uwe Kotyczka
You might want to take a look at my demo
http://www.8ung.at/kotyczka/opengl_en.html
Update: Now it can be found at
http://kotyczka.000webhostapp.com/opengl_en.html
Uwe Kotyczka
2017-01-02 00:12:57 UTC
Post by u***@web.de
Post by Uwe Kotyczka
You might want to take a look at my demo
http://www.8ung.at/kotyczka/opengl_en.html
Update: Now it can be found at
http://kotyczka.000webhostapp.com/opengl_en.html
Moved once again to