How to draw NURBS with modern OpenGL (non glu), C++
JiiPee
2019-08-29 10:51:00 UTC
How to draw NURBS with modern OpenGL without using glu functions on C++
language? Is there any functions other than glu versions I can use to do
it? Or do I need to just find the NURBS points and draw small lines?
What is the correct approach drawing NURBS with modern OpenGL (using
buffers)?

Is there any OpenGL C++ libraries doing this I could download or I have
to implement it myself?
J. Scheurich
2019-08-29 14:42:47 UTC
Post by JiiPee
How to draw NURBS with modern OpenGL without using glu functions on C++
language? Is there any functions other than glu versions I can use to do
it? Or do I need to just find the NURBS points and draw small lines?
What is the correct approach drawing NURBS with modern OpenGL (using
buffers)?
Is there any OpenGL C++ libraries doing this I could download or I have
to implement it myself?
There is

http://libnurbs.sourceforge.net/

but it may be slow.
As far as i know, FreeWRL uses it for NURBS rendering, but it is
remarkable slower for a lot contolPoints, at least it is slower than
other X3D browsers of white_dune.

so long
MUFTI