Something about webgl occlusion query
y***@gmail.com
2019-06-21 10:25:09 UTC

Recently I've been testing the webgl occlusion query function and came up with some questions about this. The main one is, does the gl.getQueryParameter function cost a lot? Will it be cost effective to remove this call before actually query the result? And the second question is: what is the result returned from gl.getQueryParameter function if the result is currently unavailable? As far as I tested, the returned value is always 0, which means the object is "occluded". It is quite confused from my perspective. Any one has some ideas or opinions? All discussion and ideas will be welcomed and appreciated! Thanks.
y***@gmail.com
2019-06-21 10:28:37 UTC
Post by y***@gmail.com
Hi,
Recently I've been testing the webgl occlusion query function and came up with some questions about this. The main one is, does the gl.getQueryParameter function cost a lot? Will it be cost effective to remove this call before actually query the result? And the second question is: what is the result returned from gl.getQueryParameter function if the result is currently unavailable? As far as I tested, the returned value is always 0, which means the object is "occluded". It is quite confused from my perspective. Any one has some ideas or opinions? All discussion and ideas will be welcomed and appreciated! Thanks.
And also, is there any side effects to execute gl.getQueryParameter when the result is currently unavailable...? Any ideas?